Work at a Fortune 200 company providing policy analysis and project management
support for federal and state cannabis legislative and regulatory engagement! Have a
bachelor’s degree with experience in government affairs, and/or other external affairs
disciplines? If so, we want to speak with you!
We are currently recruiting for a Manager, Policy Analysis & Research to join us in
our Washington D.C. office.
As a Manager, Policy Analysis & Research you’ll develop written advocacy materials, monitor
legislative, regulatory, and other policy developments, and participate in external engagements
with partners. Collaborate with and support Government Affairs (GA), Regulatory Affairs (RA),
and other internal partners to support integrated cannabis public policy engagement activities.
What you’ll be doing:
• Provide project management support to GA’s lead cannabis engagement director; track
cannabis-related GA activities; maintain cannabis-related public policy materials; support
cannabis public policy planning and other strategy activities; coordinate within GA and other
Altria functions on cross-functional activities including Regulatory Affairs, Communications,
• Build cannabis policy expertise and draft advocacy, education, and other materials for use
externally and internally, including position papers, education materials, and presentations.
Provide support to Federal Government Affairs and State Government Affairs on engagements
with policymakers. May occasionally support RA on related external engagement and advocacy.
• Monitor and internally report on the cannabis policy environment, including federal and state
legislative and regulatory activity, industry dynamics and developments, and media activity
• Support GA’s cannabis lead on outreach to and engagement with third parties on cannabis
policy issues. Track engagements and participate in direct third-party policy engagements as
What we want you to have:
• BS/BA degree. Advanced degree is a plus.
• 4+ years of experience in government affairs or other external affairs disciplines.
• Outstanding communications skills, including superior writing ability.
• Strong project management capabilities.
• Knowledge of and experience with legislation, lobbying, and third-party policy engagement.
• Substantive knowledge of cannabis issues is a plus.
• Ability to work well in a cross-functional setting.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives,
we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive
health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profitsharing programs as well as a relocation assistance.
To apply for this job please visit careers.altria.com.