Website University of New Mexico, Department of Economics
The Department of Economics at the University of New Mexico invites applications for a full-time, 9-month continuing appointment at the rank of Lecturer III to begin August 1, 2024. The position is renewable and entails a teaching load with a service component.
• Ph.D. in Economics or related field completed by start date of appointment
• Experience teaching economics or a related subject
• Demonstrated or potential excellence in teaching undergraduates from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
• Ability to teach across different instruction modalities and class sizes, with a focus on large-enrollment introductory courses
• Ability to help grow and deliver a high-quality undergraduate program through course and curriculum development
• Ability to make a positive contribution to the undergraduate program in terms of community building and active student engagement outside of the classroom
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success working with broadly diverse communities
• Enthusiasm for proactively engaging in faculty meetings and decision-making processes
To apply, please access the University of New Mexico’s online application system at https://www.unmedu/jobs and apply for posting requisition #27379. Only applications submitted through this website can be considered. Applicants should pay extra attention to the “Special Instructions to Applicants,” which detail all of the required elements that must accompany the application.
A complete application must include:
1. Cover letter describing the applicant’s interest and qualifications as they relate to the minimum and preferred criteria
2. Current curriculum vita (please include courses taught or other relevant teaching experience)
3. Teaching statement (including philosophy, pedagogical approach, teaching interests, professional goals, and evidence of teaching effectiveness)
4. Two reference letters
5. Statement on commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
For best consideration, all required application materials must be received by January 16th, 2024. We will only consider complete applications. The position will remain open until filled. Inquiries about the position should be directed to the search committee chair Sarah Stith, Associate Professor, at email@example.com. The University of New Mexico is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, and those from underrepresented groups.
To apply for this job please visit unm.csod.com.