Website San Joaquin Delta College
San Joaquin Delta College
Associate Professor – Office Technologies Business Information Management
Salary Range: $63,020 – $129,151 annually
Application Deadline: May 3, 2023, 11:59 PM PST
San Joaquin Delta Community College District is seeking a Full Time Tenure Track faculty member in Business Information Management. The ideal candidate will share in the college’s commitment to educating a racially and socioeconomically diverse student population.
Under the general supervision of the assigned TrAC Dean, the Professor will teach classes in Business Information Management. The successful candidate will provide evidence of knowledge and understanding of the racial, socioeconomic, and academic diversity within community college populations; the candidate also will show knowledge and understanding of how these factors relate to the need for equity-minded and culturally-responsive practices in the community college setting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct and organize classes at the instructional level to meet the educational requirements stated in the course description and the course information outlines, including courses in administrative professional skills, office technologies, and computer software applications.
• Advise and assist students in achieving stated course objectives and student learning outcomes.
• Evaluate the progress of each student; connect students to appropriate campus-support services.
• Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including the revision of course descriptions and course outlines that reflect a culturally-responsive pedagogy.
• Select textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials that support the learning environment and are reflective of the college’s mission of equity-minded education.
• Maintain currency in your field.
• Maintain necessary records of student enrollment, attendance, progress, and grades; prepare and submit required reports to the administration.
• Report to management any condition that might jeopardize the health or safety of students or the public.
• Be familiar with and act in accordance with the Education Code and San Joaquin Delta Community College District policies and procedures.
• Participate in departmental, divisional, advisory, and campus-wide committees as part of the shared-governance process and service area needs of the District.
• Maintain office hours for students and participate in additional service hours/activities that benefit the student, college, or community.
• Plan and complete approved professional development flex activities each semester/year.
• Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, curriculum modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes.
• Work collaboratively with the college to promote student equity and success.
• Provide guidance and direction to Readers, as needed.
• Perform other necessary duties as specified in the faculty contract and outlined in Board Policy.
• Applicant must meet the minimum educational qualifications set forth by the District and the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
• Any bachelor’s degree or higher AND two years of professional experience*
• Any associate degree and six years of professional experience*
*Professional experience is required when the applicant possesses a master’s degree. The professional experience must be directly related to the faculty member’s teaching assignment.
Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
To apply for this job please visit 220.127.116.11.