Website San Joaquin Delta College
San Joaquin Delta College
Associate Professor of Business
Salary Range: $69,218 – $129,151 annually
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023, 11:59 PM PST
Under the general supervision of the assigned TrAC Dean, the Professor will teach classes in Business. The successful candidate will provide evidence of knowledge and understanding of the racial, socioeconomic, and academic diversity within community college populations; the candidate also will show knowledge and understanding of how these factors relate to the need for equity-minded and culturally-responsive practices in the community college setting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct and organize classes at the instructional level to meet the educational requirements stated in the course description and the course information outlines which include but are not limited to: Introduction to Business, Business Economics, Retail Management, Latinx Culture in Entrepreneurship, and Managing Diversity and Inclusion.
• Advise and assist students in achieving stated course objectives and student learning outcomes.
• Evaluate the progress of each student; connect students to appropriate campus-support services.
• Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including the revision of course descriptions and course outlines that reflect a culturally-responsive pedagogy.
• Select textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials that support the learning environment and are reflective of the college’s mission of equity-minded education.
• Maintain currency in your field.
• Maintain necessary records of student enrollment, attendance, progress, and grades; prepare and submit required reports to the administration.
• Report to management any condition that might jeopardize the health or safety of students or the public.
• Be familiar with and act in accordance with the Education Code and San Joaquin Delta Community College District policies and procedures.
• Participate in departmental, divisional, advisory, and campus-wide committees as part of the shared-governance process and service area needs of the District.
• Maintain office hours for students and participate in additional service hours/activities that benefit the student, college, or community.
• Plan and complete approved professional development flex activities each semester/year.
• Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, curriculum modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes.
• Work collaboratively with the college to promote student equity and success.
• Provide guidance and direction to Readers, as needed.
• Perform other necessary duties as specified in the faculty contract and outlined in Board Policy.
• Applicant must meet the minimum educational qualifications set forth by the District and the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
• Master’s in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or business education
• Bachelor’s in any of the above
• Master’s in economics, personnel management, public administration, or Juris Doctor Degree (J.D.) or Legum Baccalaureus (LL.B.)
• Bachelor’s in economics with a business emphasis
• Master’s in personnel management, public administration, or Juris Doctor Degree (J.D.) or Legum Baccalaureus (LL.B.)
OR the equivalent*
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to race, ethnicity, color, religious creed, sex, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal legal system, or any other basis prohibited by law.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different student abilities, learning styles, cultures, and groups mentioned above.
• Demonstrated experience teaching in a variety of settings, including but not limited to online, dual enrollment, and large lectures. A willingness to develop and utilize instructional materials, including lectures and labs for multiple modalities.
• Ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques (lecture and labs) and equipment such as multimedia hardware, current applications, learning management systems, and online instructional strategies.
• Experience working with small businesses and entrepreneurs.
• Experience working with youth or teaching in dual enrollment programs.
Applicants without all of the desired qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
• Salary rates listed reflect the 2023/2024 academic year.
• Maximum starting salary is $117,978 annually.
• All faculty positions are on a 10-month calendar.
• Please review your application and documents for completeness BEFORE submitting your application. Once your application is submitted, revisions after submission will NOT be considered.
• Primary Location: Dual Enrollment, Regional Education programs, and WOW Center/Lodi
To apply for this job please visit 188.8.131.52.