Website Hofstra University
Hofstra University is pleased to invite applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the Department of Economics. The department has currently seven full-time faculty members, and is part of the Hofstra College of Arts and Sciences. We offer a BA in Economics, a BS in Business Economics, a BA in Mathematical Economics, and a BS in Mathematical Business Economics. We are a collegial department with a variety of approaches and research interests, looking for an intellectually inclined candidate who can add to this diversity. We welcome applications in all subfields of the following areas:
• Q5 Environmental Economics
• Q2 Renewable Resources and Conservation
• Q3 Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
• Q4 Energy Economics
The normal teaching load is three courses per semester (9 semester hours) with periodic reductions provided for tenure track faculty. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching Principles of Economics, Environmental Economics and Empirical Methods.
• Engaging in scholarly activity in the above-mentioned areas and publishing in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
• Providing service to the department.
• Participating in shared governance.
• Performing other related duties.
• PhD in Economics by time of the start of the appointment
• Willing and able to teach Principles of Economics, Environmental Economics and Empirical Methods. Please comment in your cover letter.
• Demonstrate or have potential for Excellent Research Record
• Demonstrate Teaching Effectiveness and Potential for Excellence in Teaching
• Service Experience or Interest in Service to Department/University
• Commitment to working with a diverse student body and promoting an inclusive educational environment. Please be specific in your cover letter.
Please upload the following with your application for consideration https://hofstra.peopleadmin.com/postings/2647 :
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Selected papers/publications
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness
• The names and contact information of three references (see below for instructions on where letters should be sent to).
Three recommendation letters should be sent directly by the references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will commence December 1 and will continue until position is filled. Inquiries should be directed to Constantine Alexandrakis, Department Chair, at Constantine.email@example.com. Preliminary interviews will be conducted online through Zoom after review begins.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
To apply for this job please visit hofstra.peopleadmin.com.