Website Arcadia University
The School of Global Business is seeking to fill a nine-month tenure track Assistant Professor position in Economics.
Using a comprehensive curriculum and experiential learning environment, the School is dedicated to developing socially responsible decision makers and critical thinkers who can communicate effectively. The School of Global Business prepares students to be competent professionals informed by a global perspective by combining solid liberal arts studies with experiential learning and corporate field experiences.
The School of Global Business is accredited by ACBSP. The School offers Bachelor’s Degrees in Business Administration, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, International Business and Culture, and Sport Management. The School offers Minors in eight minors including Economics. Courses in Economics are required of all majors within the School. The school is currently working on a redesign of its Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
• Teaching a six-course load (24 credits) per academic year including undergraduate and future graduate offerings.
• Preference will be given to those able to teach courses in Finance (Investments, Money & Banking, etc.).
• Responsible for developing curriculum, advising students, publishing in peer reviewed publications and creating relationships within the Philadelphia business community to create job opportunities for Arcadia’s students.
• Play a critical role in the development, and launch of the redesigned MBA program.
• Doctoral degree in Economics with teaching experience in Economics at the university level and a record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
• Promising ABDs with relevant work-related experience who expect to have their degree completed by Aug 2023 will also be considered.
• Open to a an experience-based, global approach to education;
• Committed to high quality instruction in a student-centered environment;
• Practitioner of inclusive pedagogy and open to teaching in multiple formats Faculty are expected to be able to perform as excellent teachers and researchers, provide service to the University and the community, and to achieve these goals with the highest professional and ethical standards.
• Commitment to high-quality instruction in a student-centered environment is expected.
• The college serves racially and ethnically-diverse students from different socio-economic backgrounds, first-generation college students, and a significant international student population. Demonstrated commitment to helping students succeed through engagement in and out of the classroom is expected.
• Please upload the following with your application:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum vita
• Recent student course evaluations
• Statement of Teaching and Research Philosophy
• Evidence of a commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Global Education through teaching or scholarly work
• Three professional references and their contact information
To apply for this job please visit arcadia.isolvedhire.com.