Website University of Virginia
The University of Virginia’s Department of Economics of the College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences invites applications for multiple positions at the tenure-track (Assistant Professor) level. We will consider candidates in any field but are particularly interested in candidates with specialties in the following fields.
(1) Macroeconomics and finance in the global economy. We are interested in candidates working in macroeconomics who demonstrate excellence in applying empirical, theoretical, and quantitative tools to a broad range of macroeconomic questions. Candidates will be expected to teach at the graduate and undergraduate levels in macroeconomics.
(2) Labor economics. We are interested in candidates working in labor economics who demonstrate excellence in applying empirical or theoretical tools to topics such as aging, immigration, crime, search, inequality, discrimination, and others. Candidates will be expected to teach at the graduate and undergraduate levels in labor economics and related topics.
We seek candidates dedicated to our mission and passionate about teaching in a world-class institution. The Department aims to recruit faculty dedicated to building and extending a top-tier research portfolio, including developing external funding to support research endeavors. The Department of Economics is eager to attract ambitious scholars eager to work together and build on the intellectually vibrant community for economists at the University.
We encourage applications of racial and ethnic minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, individuals who identify with LGBTQ+ communities, individuals from lower-income backgrounds, and/or first-generation college graduates.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2022. The positions will remain open until filled.
The anticipated appointment start date will be Fall 2023.
There are two steps required to complete an application:
1. Please apply through Workday, and search for R0040772.
Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching ‘Find Jobs’. Indicate whether your field is macroeconomics, labor, both, or other. Do not submit other supporting job market materials to Workday. This step should only take a few minutes to complete.
2. Submit your job market materials to: https://econjobmarket.org .
Applicants should submit the following:
1. A cover letter that should address
• areas of research interest
• aims for future research
• potential Collaborations/projects at UVA
• candidate’s demonstrated past experience working on issues of diversity, equity and inclusion and/or working with diverse populations
2. Curriculum vitae
3. One research paper
4. Three letters of recommendation
5. A copy of the confirmation letter from the UVA Workday employment system
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to: Melanie Sponaugle at Faculty Search Advisor at email@example.com. Questions about this position should be directed to Leora Friedberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University will perform background checks on all new faculty hires prior to making a final offer of employment.
UVA assists faculty spouses and partners seeking employment in the Charlottesville area. To learn more please visit https://dualcareer.virginia.edu.
The University of Virginia is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspective and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Education: Ph.D. or terminal degree. ABD may be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.