Website University of Arizona
Assistant/Associate Professor, Environmental and Resource Economics
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics
University of Arizona
The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics (AREC) at the University of Arizona is seeking applicants for an Assistant or Associate (tenure/tenure-track) Professor position to conduct research and teach courses related to environmental, resource, and water economics, or related areas. This is a 9-month, full-time appointment with opportunity for promotion in rank and/or tenure. The position is 55% research, 35% teaching and 10% service with the expectation the candidate will teach two courses—undergraduate and/or graduate—each academic year. The successful candidate will actively pursue extramural funding in support of research. The candidate will also develop a nationally and internationally recognized research program. As part of the candidate’s research capabilities, strong skills in econometrics and quantitative methods are expected. Research experience in environmental and water issues relevant to arid and semi-arid climates is desired. Applicants with research interests in international development topics related to drylands, climate adaptation, and/or policy and program evaluation is a plus. Candidates should have the ability to work effectively within a broadly diverse community of students, scholars, and stakeholders. The University of Arizona is an equal opportunity employer, and the department strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Publish in refereed journals and other appropriate outlets.
• Pursue extramural funding for research.
• Teach a total of two undergraduate and/or graduate courses a year.
• Supervise M.S. student theses and undergraduate research projects.
• Participate in faculty governance through service on departmental committees.
• Provide professional and public service as appropriate.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate a commitment to collaboration and engagement with diverse students, scholars, and stakeholders.
• Ph.D. degree in environmental, agricultural, and/or applied economics, economics, or closely related discipline.
• Strong communication and mentoring skills.
• Strong econometrics and analytic skills.
• Commitment to and an ability to contribute to an inclusive, diverse, and collegial community.
• Knowledge of environmental and water issues relevant to arid and semi-arid climates.
• Interest in augmenting existing research with work in international development.
• Ability to conduct research in an interdisciplinary setting.
• Relevant teaching experience.
Rank: To be determined
Tenure Information: Tenure Eligible (TE)
Work Calendar: Academic
Starting Date: January 1, 2024, but negotiable
Rate of Pay: Dependent on experience
Contact Information for Candidates:
George Frisvold, Chair of Search Committee
Dept. of Agricultural and Resource Economics
McClelland Park 304J
650 N Park Ave.
The University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ. 85721-0078
Documents Needed to Apply:
Please submit the following items:
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) Cover letter expressing why you are interested in this position
(3) Job market paper or writing sample
(4) A two-page research statement describing your goals and vision for your future research program at the University of Arizona
(5) A one-page statement on how your scholarship, teaching, and service specifically address issues of equity and inclusive excellence in agricultural and resource economics
(6) Contact information for three references.
The application review process will begin July 15, 2023 and continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
Applications should be submitted to:
To apply for this job please visit arizona.csod.com.