Website University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources
Agriculture and Natural Resources Economics Advisor #21-49
Applied Research & Extension
Location Headquarters: Butte County, Oroville, CA
The University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) offers a unique recruitment opportunity for a UC Cooperative Extension (UCCE) Agriculture and Natural Resources Economics Advisor. The Advisor will implement an innovative extension education and applied research program around the intersection of rural economic development as related to agricultural production, forestry, food systems, agritourism, and other natural resources-based business activities. The emphasis of the position is on adoption of technology that includes connectivity and broadband, promote access to enhanced remote and online services, and enhance utilization of online resources to support those sectors.
Education: A minimum of a Master’s degree in agricultural economics, community and economic development, business, information science, or related field is required at the time of appointment.
• Experience in working with rural communities and in natural resource-based economies.
• Passion and desire to pursue a career in Cooperative Extension and community development.
• Experience in building partnerships and with multidisciplinary teams.
• Demonstrated ability to plan programs, manage teams, and implement an applied research and outreach program, including setting measurable goals and objectives.
• Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used. Possess valid California Driver’s License to drive a County or University vehicle.
• This is not a remote position. The candidate must be available to work onsite.
• Deep understanding of the economics of agricultural production activities, including the use of technology. Ability to design and implement a program that leads to positive changes and impact within the community and beyond.
• Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal and information technology communication skills. Public speaking to stakeholders is a routine part of this position.
• Demonstrated ability to share complex information in a manner tailored to the audience.
• Utilizes appropriate technologies to communicate over a large, remote geographical area.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team member with industry and other stakeholders. Creativity and flexibility will be required for success.
• Aware of and willing to actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion while planning and implementing programs and applied research.
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing self-improvement – both professionally and as a person. Ability to shift program focus as times and organizational needs change.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: The salary range is $71,200 to $94,000. Step placement in the advisor series is based on applicable experience and professional qualifications. Refer to https://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/358478.pdf
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits including health insurance, retirement plans, two days per month paid vacation, one day per month paid sick leave, and paid holidays. This position is eligible for sabbatical leave privileges as per the terms of the University policy. Refer to https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/4154907
Closing Date: To assure full consideration, application packets must be received by June 7, 2023 – (open until filled)
Contact Tatiana Avoce; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants may wish to explore the UC Davis Services for International Students and Scholars web page at https://siss.ucdavis.edu/ as a resource.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.